Sunday, November 1, 2009

Saints and Sinners

As I write this it is November 1 also known as All Saints Day.

Initially, I intended to more or less write some flippant post about saints and how there technically couldn't be sinners without saints or saints without sinners.  And then ending it with, "I'm just sayin'!"

Then I got to thinking that I didn't want to be talking out of the side of my a**, so I should check to see if there is a criteria for being considered a saint, which there is.  Click here is you want to know the answer.

According to this answer, being a saint and being a live human do not go hand in hand.  In the majority of situations, you need to be dead at least five years to put the process into motion.

No living saints.  No chance of ever meeting a live saint.  In a way then, doesn't that mean there are only living sinners?

I'm just sayin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment